About Me

My photo
I am a perpetual student of life - always seeking to learn with the intention of helping myself and others to heal in the best way possible. I have been a certified Usui Reiki Master since January 2010, after spending most of my life working with energy in various ways.

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Living Reiki

So I've decided to start a blog to share my thoughts and experiences with energy work and life. Reiki is my passion. I love people and I love to help people. I also like to talk a lot and lately have had so many ideas of things I wanted to write about so here goes...

My own wonderful Reiki Master, Shirley, held the belief that her students learn to 'live Reiki' and it is an important philosophy that I share with my own students - and strive to maintain in my everyday life. What does this mean exactly? Living Reiki to me means aiming to live with intention, compassion, kindness, gratitude, connectedness, joy and a bunch of other good stuff. It means really making an effort to reach out with an open heart in everyday interactions. It is a continual process.

That being said, I'm human like everyone else. I too struggle when my kids are arguing relentlessly or when I'm so tired and just need a break. Often these are the times when lessons are learned in the most powerful ways. Willingness to listen is key.

My biggest hope for this blog is to share stories of how I've found and shared unconditional love  - which is the very essence of Reiki. I'm still learning and growing too.


Dr. Mikao Usui, the founder of the Reiki system of natural healing, recommended that one practice certain simple ethical ideals to promote peace and harmony, which are nearly universal across all cultures. I'll leave you with the Reiki Ideals.


Just for today, I will let go of anger.
Just for today, I will let go of worry.
Just for today, I will give thanks for my many blessings.
Just for today, I will do my work honestly.
Just for today, I will be kind to my neighbor and every living thing.



Love ~ Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment